Membership offers a number of Benefits.
- Subscription – to our excellent newsletter, Silicon Summit. The newsletter always is published by our own club editor and technical authors with their permission. Thus the news covers several technical topics, keeps you up to date on the latest Apple devices & news, and contains software reviews. reviews of software, and has a cartoon or two, plus a few other how-to articles. Members receive a hot email link right to the online Newsletter as soon as it is published
every in a couple months or so. (This is changing)
- Q&A at meetings gives attendees a chance to ask questions, and get good accurate answers to problems with Apple devices, Mac OSs, Apple hardware, and software without going to the crowded line in the stores.!
- Free access to the slides/charts presented at the meeting - our Technical Trove. Just sign in to your website account, and click on Slides from Meetings. Charts are by title and the meeting date when the presentation was given.
- Discounts – Membership entitles you to many member-only discounts on books and software. SMMUG gets discounts from vendors that present at the meetings, the monthly bulletin from Apple, and vendors that just enjoy selling to Mac User Groups.
- Door Prizes – At every face-to-face meeting we give door prizes to members using your member badge. Also at Virtual Meetings, we give out Door Prizes too. Prizes can include a mug, an iTunes gift card, or sometimes expensive software. This year in January we gave a door prize of 3 $100 iTunes cards. In past years, in January, the prize was an iPad mini, next year one Apple pair of AirPods.
- Camaraderie – As a member, you will quickly learn to email a fellow member, or ask someone during the Q&A part of our General Meetings or Saturday SIG meeting, or networking break how to do something that you want to do on your iOS device (iPad, iPhone) or your Mac computer.
You can Join SMMUG now, to learn how, just click here!