Board Meeting Minutes – January 2013

For Board meeting on January 30, 2013. Meeting called to order by President Kit Harras at 5:30 p.m. Roll was taken and those present or absent are as shown below. Board Members are asked to refer to last months minutes on the website.  Minutes from last months minutes were approved as posted.

OFFICE Name

P/A

President Kit Harras

P

Vice President Mark Griffith

A

Treasurer Jim Johnson

P

Secretary Jean Marsh

P

Dir. & Webmaster Jeff Jensen

P

Dir. & Webmaster Ralph Woodard

P

Director Joe Staten

A

Director Mike Marus

A

Director Doug McNutt

A

Director Mark Pedri

P

Director Skip Mundy

P

Key Volunteers

Newsletter Editor                     Laurell Davenport

Special Interest Group            Mark Pimentel

Special Interest Group            Mike Marus

Door Prize Coordinator          Kit Harras

TREASURY REPORT:

Membership:  58 paid members,

Club Bank Balance: $3,245.32

Pay Pal amount:             $123.00

  1. A.   Old Business

 February 7th Meeting – General Meeting

Mark Pimentel and Mike Marus will introduce us to just what the OS X portion of the Saturday Sig (Special Interest Group) meetings will be like this coming year. Their presentation at this meeting will cover the 10.8 Finder.

March 7th Meeting –

Mark Griffith is at MacWorld. Skip Mundy will email Mark Griffith and see if he might be in town and would be available to present a program.

 April 4th Meeting –

iPhoto, IOS devices, or Kit has an idea which she could present.

May 2 Meeting - 

Gary Rosenzweig, host of MacMost Now at macmost.com has graciously agreed to come south and present a program for us at our May 2nd General Meeting.

June 6th Meeting –

The board agreed we would like to have meetings planned and presenters lined up for at least 3 or 4 months in advance.

July 11th Meeting – Use of audio features

The Senior Center will be closed on July 4th for the holiday. The auditorium will be occupied on July 11th so our SMMUG General Meeting will be held in the mirrored room, which is the second biggest room in the center.

Jeff Jensen will need several sentences soon to begin advertising the July meeting. Jeff also brought up that Adrian Kaiser and Laurell Davenport will need to get together and coordinate the July presentation as she has experience with the program Dragon that should be included in the presentation by Adrian Kaiser. This is a subject that is of interest and has not been covered before.

Meeting Location

The Colorado Springs Senior Center is booked for the year and paid up for 6 months. SIG will need to relocate from the multi media room to the multi use (fish bowl) room a couple of times during the year which should present no problem.

There is a continuing problem with the Internet connections at the center. Kit Harras has spoken with their head person and their I.T. person concerning the problems and the preferred solutions. Jim Johnson will speak with Rich Voelker concerning this problem, too.

Door prize status 

A multi function printer will be a wonderful prize for someone and additional items are lined up.

Membership

Kit Harras’ iPad class at the Senior Center is going well. Jeff Jensen will make up a flyer or folder for Kit’s class containing details of the SIG meetings to include the outline of the programs for the year.

SIG is attracting new members. A motion was presented and seconded that SMMUG members would be free and non-members would pay $5.00 whether they take in both sessions of SIG or just one or the other.

The number of members that paid up for the year increased over past years but our membership was 84 in December. Hopefully we will see membership continue to grow.

Meet Up

Meetup has asked for a short Welcome letter that will automatically greet potential new members when they log into the website much like the one that the photography group has. Meetup continues to attract new members regularly.

Volunteers

Volunteers are needed to notify the various independent newspapers of our monthly meetings. It would entail copying the notice from the web page and emailing it to them on a timely basis.

Board Meeting

Jeff Jensen will again be teaching on Tuesdays and Thursdays this spring. All Board Members were in agreement to meeting on the last Wednesday of the month. Attendance via Face Time or Skype is available to those who find it a problem to be physically present.

Web Page

The website has new items and added features that we might find interesting to check in on daily.

B.  New Business

   C.    Around the Table

Our next board meeting is to be hosted by Skip Mundy. It will be on Wednesday February 27th .

Meeting adjourned at 6:45 p.m.

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email

One Response to “Board Meeting Minutes – January 2013”