Board Meeting Minutes April 2013

BOARD MEETING MINUTES For April 24th, 2013

Meeting was called to order by President Kit Harras at 5:30 p.m.

Roll was taken and those present or absent are as shown below.

Minutes from last month’s minutes were approved as posted.

Officers and Board of Directors

OFFICE NAME   P OR A
President Kit Harras       P
Vice President Mark Griffith       P
Treasurer Jim Johnson       P
Secretary Jean Marsh       P
Director Jeff Jensen       P
Director Ralph Woodard       A
Director Joe Staten       A
Director Mike Marus       P
Director Doug McNutt       P
Director Skip Mundy       P
Director Mark Pedri       P

 Key Volunteers

Newsletter Editor Laurell Davenport
Special Interest Group Mark Pimentel
Special Interest Group Mike Marus
Special Interest Group Gerry Simonson
Door Prize Coordinator Kit Harras

TREASURY REPORT:

Membership:  69 paid members. Jim will talk with Rich Voelker and get his 2013 dues.

Club Bank Balance: $2,996.23

Pay Pal amount: $136.24

A.   Old Business

Door Prizes: Additional Gary Rosenzweig’s books have been ordered and he is willing to autograph them and ones that members may bring of their own. Kit posed a question as to dividing and offering IOS and Mac OS door prizes. How best to label items that are specific to certain devices. A list of various prizes has been placed on Trello.

Social Media: Kit is receiving and replying to inquires. People whom made inquiries came and joined. We may need to look at having these inquires handled by someone who can guide them from P.C. to their new Mac or Apple devices.

Senior Center has a new projector and screen, which requires that their mike be used. Jim Johnson and Kit Harras continue to communicate with the center concerning their computer systems capability to handle our needs.

Kit’s Class – It is well received and actually over booked. Referrals from prior attendees are good. Additional classes may need to be considered for the fall. Attendees seem to prefer the early morning class time. Kit and Jeff to discuss a brochure about SMMUG that can be passed out.

Website:  Jeff was able to fix the access problem authors were having with the calendar. Bargains have been added but we need some folks to handle this item by inputting the info into the website. Our website experienced a slow down but was not hacked in recent week-long set of attacks. Access to the website by inactive members is soon to be blocked. A link for active members listing and advertising their  website has be added. Just go to Club Page > Websites By Members to see the member websites.  If you have a website, BLOG, Flicker account, or any other online presence that is yours,  and you want it listed and you are a members, just email the link to Jeff or Ralph. They will add your site in just a few days.

SIG:  Last months meeting was well attended, 27 people. The painting room is preferable as the multi media room is tight. How might we generate revenue for SIG to pay rent on the desired room so as not to get bumped? A new day and /or different location is needed for August.

Publicity and PR:  We need to have a consistent plan in place to increase our revenue before we can spend money on advertising. Notices are now going out to freebie newspapers. Mark Pedri made inquires on radio advertising. Three radio stations, 3 weeks, 100 ads, $2,000. Would that guarantee to increase our membership enough to cover the cost? It is a conundrum. A volunteer is needed to handle publicity and fund raising to increase our resources for the club. Jackie and Kit are to meet after April 6th to discuss if Jackie might take this over and run it for a while or mentor someone else.

Future Meetings

May - Gary Rosenzweig of MacMost will begin promptly at 6:00 pm so mail chimp blast will be sent out to notify members to be on time. Additional copies of his book to be obtained and inquire made if he is ok to sign everybody’s copies that would like him to. Dinner prior to the event was discussed.

June – Prosoft Engineering will be coming to present.

July – LD will give a video on Dragon dictate, and Adrian Kaiser will demo the voice recognition software that comes with your Apple device. Voice recognition includes audio note taking apps, dictating email messages, and voice memos on our phones that can be shared in emails or messages.

August – Will be our annual SMMUG networking pizza party and? ? ?

September – Cross platform apps such as Evernote, or Dropbox,

B.  New Business

No new business was presented at this Board meeting.

C.  Around the Table

Membership – The Bi Laws will be reviewed and possibly rewritten to take into consideration changes that have happened over time such as the ability to pay dues through Pay Pall. The club requires yearly dues to be paid in January so as to know the budget for the year. How best to handle those joining after the first quarter is a question. Jeff Jenson will obtain the list of inactive members. They will receive notices but not have access sections of the website.

D.  Next Board Meeting

Our next board meeting is to be, on Thursday May 30 at 5:30 p,m. at Mark Griffith’s unless otherwise noted.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:10 pm.

 

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email

No comments yet... Be the first to leave a reply!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.